Monday, January 25, 2010

Doolitle by The Pixies

I think I need a more simple structure for the reviews. I'm done with the best and worst tracks list, now its a plain and normal review (No more Info also). And Im reviving the 0.0 to 10.0 scale, the other one just didn't work for me. 

One of the best alt rock albums ever! Nobody can question that, slow but melodic in the verses and aggressively awesome on the chorus without being predictable. It's big slap on the face to those who say: "dis albm prbaly sucks cus d picxi suck". oh! and another thing LEARN HOW TO WRITE!!! But seriously people shouldn't be criticizing bands that they never heard a song of. Hear the album then talk to me or at least listen to the opening track "Debaser" and admite defeat has you start singing to the song! Ha! The sound of victory!

If you don't feel nothing on "Monkey Gone To Heaven" then don't expect to like this band or music in general! Doolittle just feel right all the way! Even "Silver" feels right and I don't ever think it can be categorized has music. My personal favorite song is "There Goes My Gun", the chorus just stay at your head eating away all you unhappy memories... wait all the songs do that! All the songs will be connected to your soul little time after you heard it and will spread like an addicting disease... the Doolittle disease, do you think you can handle it? I challenge you! I challenge to live normally for a week with thinking of one their anthems in Doolittle.

Is it that strange voice of Francis Black, the guitar of Joey Santiago, no! It's the chemistry from all the members! That unforgettable Deal(bass) vs. Black chemistry, the quiet and loud chemistry the drum rhythm and guitar melody chemistries. This band is impossible not to like.

Doolittle is not perfect, its has it's flaws, like for an exemple although "Silver" fits in, it's a just plain strange... wait... that's one flaw and it's justified! Well music is mainly centered on tastes, I dont think Doolitle has real flaws but other people might think that it has. But it's not their blog soo...

Final Ranking: 9.9/10.0 - Close, soo very very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment